You'll find apps and games by the thousands in the Windows Phone Store, Microsoft's virtual entertainment shop for your phone. Many apps are totally free, and others let you try before you buy.You can shop the Store from your phone or via the web—even from your Mac or tablet.
- In the , tap Store . If prompted,
- Pan down to browse featured apps or games, or swipe over to browse other collections and categories. If you know what you're looking for, you can also tap Search . When you find an app or game you want, tap it.
TipOnce you've tapped an app or game, on Overview, pan down to see screenshots. Swipe over to see customer reviews, details, and related apps. Tap Share (or More > Share) to send someone a link to the app or game.
- If an app or game is free, tap Install to download it. Otherwise:
- Tap Buy to pay for it (you'll be prompted twice).
- Tap Try to download a free trial version (if available).
NoteDepending on your mobile operator, app and game purchases may be added to your phone bill. To pay with a credit card instead, after tapping Buy, on the Confirm purchase screen, tap Add or switch payment methods. From there, you can switch to another payment method or add a new one. For a list of mobile operators that support mobile operator billing in each country, see on Windows Phone Dev Center.
- Look in the App list for new apps or games you've bought. (It might take several minutes for an app or game to finish downloading.)