- You have a nativley installed Windows 7 OS on your physical PC.
- Check the Properties of your C volume and determine if you have enough free disk space INSIDE the C volume.
- Create a new VHD on your C volume; e.g. this will make a 40GB disk in your C drive, adjust the size depending on your free space [create vdisk file="c:\Win2008.vhd" maximum=40000].
- Shut down your PC and boot from your Windows 2008 install media.
- Hit Shift+F10 to enter cmd, goto diskpart and run:
- select vdisk file=c:\win2008.vhd
- attach vdisk
- Then continue through Setup and you will see that the VHD shows as a new disk to install too. Select the disk and Setup will take care of all dual boot config.