Configuring Updates Stage Stops At 15 Percent Completion When You Try To Install Update 2770927 in Windows 8
The Nalpeiron Licensing Service is running on a computer that is running Windows 8.
You install update 2770917 by using Windows Update, and then the computer restarts.
The Configuring Updates stage starts.
In this scenario, the Configuring Updates stage stops at 15 percent completion, and then the changes that the update applied are reversed.
Canned Statement: Let me go ahead and disable Nalpeiron licensing service on your computer.
To work around this issue, disable the Nalpeiron Licensing Service, and then install update 2770917. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Hold the Windows key and press R.
2. Type services.msc, and then press Enter.
3. Double-click Nalpeiron Licensing
4. Click Startup type, and then select Disabled.
5. Click OK.
6. Restart customer computer.
7. Download the updates as appropriate for the operating system that the computer is running:
8. Install the updates one by one.
9. Restart customer computer.
10. Repeat step 1 to step 3, and then change the startup type for the Nalpeiron Licensing Service to Automatic.
11. Click OK, and then restart the computer.
For more information visit www.microsoftlivesupport.com